STOP! Stop the car!

By Fatima K - December 20, 2012


I went on a shopping trip with an uncle and family - so my aunt was driving along happily, telling us about their recent holiday to Florida. She loved it as much as her children did, you could tell by the way she talked about it, the emotion that went into telling her stories, followed by laughter as she reminisced.

There were three of us at the back, sitting and listening, having stuffed travel sweets into our mouths, happily sucking away at the orange and carrot flavoured candy. "We rented a car," my aunt tells me, "and drove to most of the places, it was beautiful. The people were friendly, and the swimming poo...."

"STOP!!" My cousin next to me suddenly shouted.

Woah, now that was unexpected! It made us all jump, and for an 8 year old that rarely spoke, he was loud!

"What's up?" I asked him, but he is too busy shouting.

"Stop! Stop the car! Mum, pull over!"

I could see my aunt clutching the steering wheel with both hands, breathing in and out, and my uncle had just turned around to look at us all.

"What's wrong?" we all asked at the same time as my aunt pulled over to the side of the road.

He started to sniffle, "my tooth has come out," he told us, holding it up for everyone to see.

"Again?!" His brother sitting next to him asked, "that's the third one in two months. Man, it's all them sweets, you ain't gonna have any teeth left over at this rate."

"Ummm," he started to whimper, "It's come out, mum!"

My aunt had stopped the car, and she and my uncle were both looking at us, there we were, their two sons and me, sitting in the back of the car and we had just pulled over because of a tooth.

My aunt looked at me and said, "the first came out in the airport, the second is buried in the middle of Florida somewhere and now, the third," she shook her head and sighed, turning to her youngest, "shall we just throw it out of the window?"

"Ok" he said, looking at the tooth in his hand.

"Right my love," she said as she pulled out into the main road, "open your window and drop it quickly when you think it's time."

About a minute later, we passed a park, and then we heard his little voice whisper "rest in peace, tooth."
And we all burst out laughing, it was sad, but we couldn't help it!



Keep reading, F x
  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

I'd love to hear what you think! Let me know your thoughts by posting a comment :) Thanks for reading!